We tackle the tough subjects. There are more famous bloggers. Bloggers who hang out with Hollywood elite and now do Podcasts (here ) and wax poetic about the 1982 committee notes to the money laundering statutes.
But only one blog tackles the tough things. The things that make you look away and wish you can ignore. But we will not let you look away. These issues must be confronted.
For Halloween we take on the ......
1) MMs vs Reese's Pieces. The toughest one to start. MMs are classics. They fulfill a chocolate urge. But Reese's Pieces, with the element of Peanut Butter is more than a worthy challenger. But here is the rub....RP's are almost too good. Too sweet. Too satisfying. We love em, but if we have to only pick one, it has to be the Traditional MMs.
2) Almond Joy vs. Mounds. Nuts or not? Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. No nuts for us. Mounds please.
3) Three Musketeers vs. Milky Way. The 3M has this chocolate fluff inside and is ...sui generis. The Milky Way has a layer of caramel which is very rich. Too rich. 3Ms for us.
4) Kit Kat vs Twix. Same as above but reversed. Nothing is better than a Kit Kat bar in the freezer. Twix doesn't freeze as well, but it has a caramel lawyer that the Kit Kat doesn't have. Break them in half; it's a split. Kit Kat's that have been frozen, but Twix if the Kit Kat has not been frozen.
5) Snickers v. Baby Ruth. Chocolate and nuts and some caramel. Snickers wins for us.
6) Nestles Crunch vs. Hershey's Bar. Two original giants in a candy bar matchup made in heaven. Once again we have to go to the freezer issue. A Hershey bar is original and great. But the Nestle Crunch in the freezer is something special. NC for us.
The others. These are the candy bars we eat last on Halloween. They have chocolate so unlike pornography they have some redeeming social value. But they also have a bunch of weird stuff that appeals only to a niche market:
Clark Bar, Fifth Avenue, Charleston Chew, Heath Bar (the worst except at certain times not bad- you really need to be in the mood for a Heath Bar), Butterfinger (suggested by a reader and may be the worst candy bar of all time). Payday, Mr. Goodbar, Chunky, Krackle. Lots of good chocolate there.
If we had to choose one. Just one. For eternity. No other choices. It would be.....second place- MMs, and the winner is a frozen Nestle Crunch Bar!