UPDATE- ANSWERS TO TRIVIA
The Vice Presidential debate is Wednesday evening and we will be live tweeting our observations @justicebuilding on Twitter.
In order to prepare for our live tweet event, we offer this bit of VP Trivia.
VP John Nance Garner famously said
A) The Vice Presidency was not worth a worm bucket of "spit" or a word that rhymes with spit;
B) The Vice Presidency was a snooze-fest;
C) The Vice President's heart started when the President's heart stopped.
2) Who was President when John Nance Gardner was VP? FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT
3) Which Vice President was also president without being elected to either position? FORD
4) Which VP decried the Nattering Nabobs of Negativism? AGNEW
5) Who beat JFK for the VP spot in 56? ESTEES KEFAUVER
6) Name the only VP to first lose election for the presidency and then win? NIXON
7) Name the last VP to win the election for the presidency and then lose an election for the presidency? GHWBUSH
8) Name the VP who won and election to the presidency and then declined to run for a second elected term? JOHNSON
9) Name two VPs who were governors of NY ROOSEVELT AND ROCKEFELLER
10) Name the last two VPs who decided to not run for the presidency? (Not 100% sure on this one- will discuss in the comments section). CHENEY AND WE THINK DAN QUAYLE.