As a noted ethicist, we are often consulted about the issues of the day. And the current issue is who should get the vaccine first? We of course have the answer, because as our great law school property professor often said: "Sometimes wrong, never in doubt."
1. Doctors and nurses and hospital staff. This one is easy.
2. First responders. Ditto.
3. Elderly people in nursing homes and staff. Double ditto.
4. Witty legal bloggers from Miami.
5. People with medical conditions such as cancer, diabetes, hypertension that make them more susceptible to adverse outcomes if infected with Covid.
6. US Armed forces.
7. Bartenders. It's been a long year.
8. Restaurant and food service staff- restaurants are suffering.
9. Athletes and Show performers. We need entertainment to help deal with the dark days ahead.
10. Meat processing plants personnel.
11. Corrections officers and inmates.
12. Courtroom staff like court reporters and clerks. (Except the person who staffs the attorney line on nine at the courthouse. Considering they appear to have been working from home since 2012, no rush to vaccinate that privileged individual).
14. Retail personnel.
19. Starbucks baristas and those that manage the windows at the small Cuban restaurants that serve Cafecitos.
20. Bagel makers.
22. Sanitation workers.
23. Casino workers.
24. Zamboni operators.
25. Used car salespeople.
26. Microsoft and Apple helpline employees.
27. The weather women on Channel Seven.
28. Butchers and Bakers.
29. Candlestick makers.
30. Criminal attorneys.
31. Airline employees.
32. Cruise ship employees.
33. Civil attorneys.
35. Worm and Slug farmers.
36. Politicians. These last three were close.