First some erratum: We wrote last week about Judge Stanley Goldstein founding drug court. One of Judge Herb Klein's colleagues gently reminded us that we neglected to give credit to Judge Klein, who was instrumental in obtaining the agreement, funding, and setting the criteria for Miami's first in the nation drug court. Very quietly Judge Herb Klein was one of the best Judges who has ever worn a robe in Miami. He was smart, fair, kind, decent, and dedicated to justice and public service. He believed in the courts and that courts could be instrumental in addressing social problems. Judge Herb Klein should be remembered for many reasons, including his wisdom and foresight in how courts treated an illness that is also a crime.
NFL DRAFT 2020
Virus schmirus. The NFL draft will not be denied. Teams will be drafting from home. Some General Managers have rented RVs and camped outside their coach's homs so they can be closer and communicate on their draft choices. The Seattle GM knocked down walls in his home so his WiFi worked better.
The potential for mischief is high. Wouldn't it be great if someone hacked the Cheaters Zoom and had them draft in the first round the long snapper from North Dakota State?
Here are our predictions for the first ten picks:
1. Cincy Bungles: They get it right for once with Joe Burrow, QB LSU
2. Washington wants to trade down, maybe with the Dolphins who are getting nervous about San Diego jumping above them to get their pick. If DC stays put, it's Chase Young, DE Ohio State.
3. Lions- Detroit also wants to deal with the Chargers or Dolphins because they will be picking Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State and they are not worried about the Gints who pick next.
4. NY Football Giants- the Giants want to trade down, and San Diego is the play here if they want to jump the Fins. If the Giants stay put, it's an O-tackle, most likely Jedrick Willis, RT Alabama, or Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa.
5. Your Miami Dolphins, with the fifth selection of the 2020 NFL draft select …. Dr. Anthony Fauci, MD, Virologist, Holy Cross. If Dr. Fauci is off the board, then it will be Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama. He is the pick over Justin Herbert, but do not jump out the window and get the virus if the Fins grab an O- tackle here like Jedrinkc Willis, Mekhi Becton or Andrew Thomas. There were also rumors Wednesday that the fins were looking to trade with Detroit at 3 to jump over the Giants and grab their right tackle. However there are a few top quality OT available and there is no reason to trade to get about NY. We think those are rumors designed to hide the Fins desire for TT the QB.
6. Chargers grab the other QB the Fins don't take- probably Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon.
7. Carolina- after fighting off the Cheaters trying to hack the draft and steal their spot, the Panthers grab the Florida CB CJ Henderson, who has been shooting up the draft board. Most mocks have Carolina grabbing Derrick Brown which is a great pick as well.
8. Arizona- if the Panthers don't take Henderson, the Redbirds will. Otherwise it's either Derrick Brown, DT Auburn, or Isiah Simmons, LB Clemson.
9. Tampa Bay Bradys need to protect Mr. Wonderful, so they draft the best OT left- Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia.
10. Cleveland Browns. If any team has WiFi troubles, it will be the hapless Browns. Once they get reconnected, they draft an OT- Thomas if he's on the board, Mekhi Becton OT from Louisville, or Jedrick Willis OT Alabama.
Fins at 18- this is from their trade with the Steelers last year. If the Fins have taken a QB, then the run on OTs continues, and they draft Austin Jackson, OT USC. If Florida CB Henderson is available, they grab him fast without thinking twice.
Fins at 26. Defense continues with Miami drafting a fast and versatile LB like Patrick Queen, from LSU, or Marlon Davidson, DL Auburn, or even a speedy WR like Jalen Raegor from TCU. This pick makes or breaks the Fins draft. Watch. They need three homeruns to bring this team back.
JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL RICHARD E GERSTEIN JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG. THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO JUSTICE BUILDING RUMOR, HUMOR, AND A DISCUSSION ABOUT AND BETWEEN THE JUDGES, LAWYERS AND THE DEDICATED SUPPORT STAFF, CLERKS, COURT REPORTERS, AND CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS WHO LABOR IN THE WORLD OF MIAMI'S CRIMINAL JUSTICE. POST YOUR COMMENTS, OR SEND RUMPOLE A PRIVATE EMAIL AT HOWARDROARK21@GMAIL.COM. Winner of the prestigious Cushing Left Anterior Descending Artery Award.