THE CAPTAIN REPORTS:
YOUR NEXT TWO FLORIDA SUPREME COURT JUSTICES .......
The Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission has received applications from the following individuals to fill the vacancies on the Florida Supreme Court created by the resignations of Justice Barbara Lagoa and Justice Robert Luck to assume federal judicial office.
Interviews have not yet been scheduled. Those that applied from Miami-Dade County are in Bold.
1. Judge Kimberly Bonner (Twelfth Judicial Circuit)
2. Judge Hunter Carroll (Twelfth Judicial Circuit)
3. Judge Howard Coates, Jr. (Fifteenth Judicial Circuit)
4. *Mr. John Couriel (Kobre & Kim LLP)
5. Mr. Jack Cox (Jack Schramm Cox, Chartered)
6. Judge Fabienne Fahnestock (Seventeenth Judicial Circuit)
7. Mr. Manuel Farach (McGlinchey Stafford)
8. Judge Renatha Francis (Fifteenth Judicial Circuit)
9. Judge Jonathan Gerber (Fourth District Court of Appeal)
10. Judge Jamie Grosshans (Fifth District Court of Appeal)
11. Judge Jeff Kuntz (Fourth District Court of Appeal)
12. Judge Bruce Kyle (Twentieth Judicial Circuit)
13. *Judge Norma Lindsey (Third District Court of Appeal)
14. Judge Howard McGillin (Seventh Judicial Circuit)
15. *Judge Bronwyn Miller (Third District Court of Appeal)
16. Judge Anne-Leigh Moe (Thirteenth Judicial Circuit)
17. Ms. Belinda Noah (Belinda Noah Productions, Inc.)
18. Judge Virginia Norton (Fourth Judicial Circuit)
19. Judge Timothy Osterhaus (First District Court of Appeal)
20. *Mr. Eliot Pedrosa (Executive Director, InterAmerican Development Bank)
21. Judge Carol-Lisa Phillips (Seventeenth Judicial Circuit)
22. Judge Cymonie Rowe (Fifteenth Judicial Circuit)
23. Judge Lori Rowe (First District Court of Appeal)
24. Judge Samuel Salario (Second District Court of Appeal)
25. Judge Tatiana Salvador (Fourth Judicial Circuit)
26. Judge Meredith Sasso (Fifth District Court of Appeal)
27. *Judge Ed Scales (Third District Court of Appeal)
28. Judge Elijah Smiley (Fourteenth Judicial Circuit)
29. Judge Adrian Soud (Fourth Judicial Circuit)
30. *Judge William Thomas (Eleventh Judicial Circuit)
31. *Judge Daryl Trawick (Eleventh Judicial Circuit)
32. Judge Thomas Winokur (First District Court of Appeal)
*Current residents of the Third Appellate District are denoted by an asterisk. Based on the Florida Supreme Court’s current composition, at least one of the justices appointed to fill these two vacancies must be a resident of Florida’s Third Appellate District at the time of appointment
If you wish to comment on any of the applicants, please send your comments to any/all of the JNC members listed below:
Chair Daniel Nordby, Tallahassee, DNordby@shutts.com
Vice Chair Fred Karlinsky, Weston, email@example.com
Cynthia G. Angelos, Port St. Lucie, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jesse M. Panuccio, Palm Beach Gardens, email@example.com
Israel U. Reyes, Coral Gables, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hala A. Sandridge, Tampa, email@example.com
Heather Stearns, Tallahassee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanne T. Tate, Tampa, email@example.com
Harout Samra, Coral Gables, firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to 2020, when THE CAPTAIN will be covering, as always, the judicial elections in Miami-Dade County and Circuit Court. Qualifying Dates are from Monday, April 20, 2020 – Noon, Friday, April 24, 2020. There are currently 34 judge’s seats up for election in Circuit Court and another 18 in County Court. Those numbers could change over the next four months.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
CAPTAIN OUT .......
JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL RICHARD E GERSTEIN JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG. THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO JUSTICE BUILDING RUMOR, HUMOR, AND A DISCUSSION ABOUT AND BETWEEN THE JUDGES, LAWYERS AND THE DEDICATED SUPPORT STAFF, CLERKS, COURT REPORTERS, AND CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS WHO LABOR IN THE WORLD OF MIAMI'S CRIMINAL JUSTICE. POST YOUR COMMENTS, OR SEND RUMPOLE A PRIVATE EMAIL AT HOWARDROARK21@GMAIL.COM. Winner of the prestigious Cushing Left Anterior Descending Artery Award.