JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL RICHARD E GERSTEIN JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG. THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO JUSTICE BUILDING RUMOR, HUMOR, AND A DISCUSSION ABOUT AND BETWEEN THE JUDGES, LAWYERS AND THE DEDICATED SUPPORT STAFF, CLERKS, COURT REPORTERS, AND CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS WHO LABOR IN THE WORLD OF MIAMI'S CRIMINAL JUSTICE. POST YOUR COMMENTS, OR SEND RUMPOLE A PRIVATE EMAIL AT HOWARDROARK21@GMAIL.COM. Winner of the prestigious Cushing Left Anterior Descending Artery Award.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

NFL WEEK 3 2012

UPDATE: A mini-bloody Sunday. Saints lose!! Colby out; Plea D out; I-Memon out! Brown out with Colts, Faber out with the Lions. 2 left in winners bracket!
Fake Josh Gradinger has secured his win this week with Da Bears. Rumpole is alive, but his pick-the Pack- plays Monday night. This could be over in week three!

Losers bracket: 8 people made a pick this week- 4 lost so far. We were looking for plus ten. So we're not sure what to do, but if the B Bracket survives, then Rick Freedman, Gale Lewis, Stephen Immasche and Dustin Tischler are out, carrying with them the undistinguished feat of picking losers two weeks in a row. This was clearly not their year. 

UPDATE: Saints shaping up as this week's Cheaters. Everybody loves them....
Beautiful morning as the rain cleared. Went for a morning run for the first time in a while. It was nice. Peaceful. Happy. 

Football pool: If you want to play, in the winners or losers bracket- it is crucial if you DO NOT SEE YOUR PICK in the below chart to email us- with a NEW EMAIL. DO NOT REPLY TO THE PREVIOUS EMAIL STRING. There are now 150 emails in one string and we can no longer go sorting though them hunting for your pick.

The key now is all about trends and regression to the norm. Will the Cowpokes bounce back against Tampa Bay after an embarrassing defeat last week in Seattle?  Are the 49ers for real? Which team is a winner- Cincy or the Redskins? One is going to 2-1.  Atlanta at San Diego- one of these undefeated teams will reveal a weakness and one will roll to 3-0.

UPDATED POOL: with all the winner bracket picks in. Good luck. 

Football Pool 2012 PDF 3
No football picks this week. We've started out horrible so we have decided to take a week off. We said at the beginning we could not devote the time to picks that we have done in recent years, and it shows. 

RUMPOLE'S PLAY LIST:

From time to time we list what were reading. We decided to list what we've been listening too, courteous of Sirius satellite radio, which rocks. 

Foreplay- Boston. 

Aime- Pure Prairie League. We like the name. 
Tiny Dancer-Elton John.
Spirit In the Sky- Norman Greenbaum.
More, More, More-Andrea True Connection.
Only Wanna Be With You- Hootie and the Blowfish. 
Unwell-MatchBox 20
One More Night-Maroon 5
For You- The Boss.
It's Hard to be a Saint in the City- The Boss.
Blinded by the Light-The Boss.

OK. Just a lot of Springsteen. Sometimes he's just what the doctor ordered. 





Princess cards she sends me with her regards 
Barroom eyes shine vacancy, to see her you gotta look hard 
Wounded deep in battle, I stand stuffed like some soldier undaunted 
To her Cheshire smile, I'll stand on file, she's all I ever wanted 
But you let your blue walls get in the way of these facts 
Honey, get your carpetbaggers off my back 
You wouldn't even give me time to cover my tracks 
You said, "Here's your mirror and your ball and jacks" 
But they're not what I came for, and I'm sure you see that too 

I came for you, for you, I came for you 
But you did not need my urgency 
I came for you, for you, I came for you 
But your life was one long emergency 
And your cloud line urges me 
And my electric surges free 

Crawl into my ambulance, your pulse is getting weak 
Reveal yourself all now to me, girl, while you've got the strength to speak 
'Cause they're waiting for you at Bellevue with their oxygen masks 
But I could give it all to you now, if only you could ask 
And don't call for your surgeon, even he says it's too late 
It's not your lungs this time, it's your heart that holds your fate 
Don't give me my money, honey, I don't want it back 
You and your pony face and your Union Jack 
Well, take your local joker and teach him how to act 
I swear I was never that way, even when I really cracked 
Didn't you think I knew that you were born with the power of a locomotive 
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound? 
And your Chelsea suicide with no apparent motive 
You could laugh and cry in a single sound 

And your strength is devastating in the face of all these odds 
Remember how I kept you waiting when it was my turn to be the god? 

You were not quite half so proud when I found you broken on the beach 
Remember how I poured salt on your tongue and hung just out of reach 
And the band, they played the homecoming theme as I caressed your cheek 
That ragged, jagged melody, she still clings to me like a leech 
But that medal you wore on your chest always got in the way 
Like a little girl with a trophy so soft to buy her way 
We were both hitchhikers but you had your ear tuned to the roar 
Of some metal-tempered engine on an alien, distant shore 
So you left to find a better reason than the one we were living for 
And it's not that nursery mouth that I came back for 
It's not the way you're stretched out on the floor 
'Cause I've broken all your windows and I've rammed through all your doors 
And who am I to ask you to lick my sores? 
And you should know that's true 

I came for you, for you, I came for you 
But you did not need my urgency 
I came for you, for you, I came for you 
But your life was one long emergency 
And your cloud line urges me 
And my electric surges free 



44 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rumpole, your taste in music is as stupid as your dumb blog. Crawl in a hole and die and do us all a favor.

Fake Adam Levine said...

Ahem, it's "One More Night" by MAROON 5

Sincerely,
Fake Adam Levine.

Rumpole said...

woops= added an e by mistake

Anonymous said...

it must hurt so much to really want something, not have it, and be so tormented

Rumpole said...

to quote Travus Bickel in Taxi Diver:

"You talking to me?

Anonymous said...

Mr. Rumpole, it's your blog; you can put up anything you wish.

But FWIW I didn't read any of what I assume were Springsteen lyrics. No interest.

Rumpole said...

FWIW? Don't know what that is.

And the lyrics are Springsteen lyrics. WHy do you say they're not?

Rumpole said...

Ok We can't help ourselves:

Mia/Jets Under 42

Eagles/Arizona under 44

Buffalo/Cleveland under 44

I guess we like the D today

Anonymous said...

This is why I love this blog in the Fall. No lawyer/courthouse nonsense. It's all about football (um, I mean point spreads), and, today, a little music. My 2 cents? Stick with iTunes, download it to your iPod (the old fashioned kind) and listen to what you want when you want.

Rumpole said...

Thank You. It's nice to have at least one fan.

Poker Petey the PD said...

Don't know Rumpole. I think its a big day for the offense. Good luck with your unders. The weather might make the under the play in Miami and Cleveland but I like the over in Arizona.

Rumpole said...

I'm really looking forward to the Sunday night game- Cheaters at Ravens. Are the Ravens going to make a statement that they are the elite in the AFC? Tonight's the night for them.

Dolfan Dopey said...

Miami has the Dolphins
they're Shumie's favorite team
they take the ball from goal to goal
and make Jay White scream
they're in the air and on the ground
even Rick Freedman thinks they're cool
but when you root for Miami
you're still a great big FOOL

DS said...

What about last nights game in Tallahassee.
GO NOLES

DS said...

This is funny
L'shana Tova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPLMjoBRj58&feature=em-share_video_user

Anonymous said...

Rump, your retweets are a bit alarming. Are you be on suicide watch?

Anonymous said...

9:04 A point well made, sir.

Rumpole said...

Thank you for asking. I am perfectly fine. I am working really hard, and for some reason not sleeping very well which is unusual for me> So sometimes late at night I tend to get a bit melancholy. But I am fine.

Anonymous said...

Ah, so that's the reason for all the dejected tweets, Rump. We've all booked a room at the Heartbreak Hotel at some point or another, you'll get over it.

Anonymous said...

Rump, about the blog, what upsets you the most?

Rumpole said...

Oh that's an easy one. That we struggle to put out a good product and any creep can read what we pour our heart and soul into. We wish we could control who reads our words. But we can't.

Rumpole said...

Umm Melancholy does not equal heartbreak. No heartbreak. Nothing close. My last comment was about the myriad of nasty idiots who leave mean comments mostly about other people, expecting somehow I will be stupid enough to post them. Personally, I am as fit as a fiddle. Work is stressful, but that's all. Enjoying the Dolphin game right now.

Anonymous said...

I came for you, for you, I came for you
But you did not need my urgency
I came for you, for you, I came for you
But your life was one long emergency

What a clunker. Just terrible.

Anonymous said...

Nobody likes whiners, Rump.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think Rumpole is having a nervous breakdown?

Anonymous said...

Well, just in case call 1-800-273-8255. Might want to keep it on speed dial.

Rumpole said...

1:26- well I like the song, and since it is my blog, it gets to stay up.

Anonymous said...

@1:05, Rumpole forget the haters.

Remember haters are nothing but cowards and bullies who pick on others to make themselves feel better.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at some of the comments. Rump, old boy, I'm afraid you're turning into a circus freak.

Anonymous said...

@ 2:33, but isn't that what Rump does when he blogs about judges and other attorneys? He even eggs on the comments sometimes. You know what I say? If he can dish it, he can take it.

sexy blonde hottie said...

Oh stop it Rumpy. you know I love you. Well, lust after you at least.

Rumpole said...

I can take it

DS said...

Rump
Remember Hamlet was also meloncholy .

Even though life is sometimes very tough,
You Gotta bend like a reed in the wind

Anonymous said...

DS spells "a lot" wrong all the time. I wouldn't listen to his advice, even if he is attemtpting to quote Shakespeare.

fake jay White said...

How.....did....we....lose.....? (sob)

DS said...

356
I spell checked my post.
what was mispelled?

the last line is from DUNE not Hamlet
The line before is DS

DS said...

Actually the line is

I must bend like a reed in the wind

it is in the fight at the end

Anonymous said...

@ DS, No wonder I didn't recognize the quote. Sorry about that. But, yeah, you usually spell "a lot" incorrectly. It was a cheap shot and I'll apologize for that.

sexy blonde hottie said...

Actually as one of the last two surviving members in the suicide pool, Rumpole is having a pretty good weekend. Plus he knows how much I lust for him.

Anonymous said...

Bruuuuucce!! One of the best lyricists ever!!

Anonymous said...

It's cool. I'll make the comments elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that you are a fraud. You're self-righteousness is appalling, so be very careful what you write about others. That includes judges and attorneys. You wouldn't want them to find out who the coward behind the mask is.

DS said...

for some reason spell check always seperates alot to a lot

DS said...

My spelling sucks, but my advise and lawyering is spot on