The dog days of August mean many things. Baseball fans begin to take notice of pennant races. Robed Readers sip Prosecco or Limoncello or Campari spritzes in European vacation spots, congratulating themselves on their sophistication. New ASA's and PDs arrive wide-eyed in the REGJB where everything is new and seems exciting.
To long-time and careful readers of the Blog the dog days 🐕 of August means "when is Rumpole posting information on the award-winning Survivor Pool and Fantasy Football League?"
The answer is very soon.
Keep watching these pages for very important Blog FF and SP updates.
17 comments:
Let's talk about this--- thought? Double Jeopardy-- https://nypost.com/2026/08/14/us-news/why-luigi-mangione-may-never-be-convicted-of-murder-as-his-state-case-hangs-by-a-thread/
Yeah generally speaking it’s not close to DJ but NY state has very liberal Dj laws so maybe in NY it’s DJ but. Not many other places
Luigi Mangione Pleads Guilty To Stalking, Admits To Murder Anyway, Argues This Makes Trial Double Jeopardy
https://abovethelaw.com/2026/08/luigi-mangione-pleads-guilty-to-stalking-admits-to-murder-anyway-argues-this-makes-trial-double-jeopardy/
I get that PDs love voting for PDs… but Bonita Jones-Peabody seems unfit to me / making the Honorable Judge Miranda seem even more wise and reasonable than usual by juxtaposition:
https://youtu.be/k5YNkMSiAxA?is=VCg_q--WXcPFSGea
Mangione murdered UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson in Manhattan, arguably on some left-wing nut-job theory that Thompson was responsible for UnitedHealthcare's failure to cover subscriber claims in the widely reviled for-profit healthcare industry. We need that industry to provide our healthcare. The problem is Trial Lawyers, Morgan & Morgan, for example, and the in-house counsel of the healthcare industry. First, in-house counsel wrote the damn healthcare insurance policy, and wrote it in a way that allows UnitedHealthcare to bob and weave out of covering claims. Second, rapacious trial lawyers like John Morgan ravage the healthcare industry with expensive litigation that raises the cost of healthcare directly, and indirectly by forcing doctors to practice defensive medicine to cover themselves from Morgan's lawsuits. The Morgan & Morgan's of the legal world are simply extorting money from the industry to support their own lavish lifestyles. Yes, folks with legitimate tort claims need redress, but there is currently no adequate system in place for tort claims. The news is full of examples of this broken system where clients are now suing their former lawyers. Here are two recent well known examples:
1. Lawyer for Columbia University’s Jewish students netted $6.4M payday while preying on own clients: lawsuit
https://nypost.com/2026/07/06/us-news/lawyer-for-columbia-universitys-jewish-students-netted-6-4-million-payday-while-preying-on-own-clients-lawsuit/
2. Maya Kowalski family sues former attorneys over alleged mishandling of settlement funds
https://www.mysuncoast.com/2026/06/22/maya-kowalski-family-sues-former-attorneys-over-alleged-mishandling-settlement-funds/
@8:17 Thank you for the link to that spectacle. How about we replace lawyers and judges with AI? Save society a ton of money and clear the dockets in a week. "Mark Zuckerberg Thinks Everyone Should Have A Superintelligent AI Lawyer" Yes, I agree!
https://abovethelaw.com/2026/08/mark-zuckerberg-thinks-everyone-should-have-a-superintelligent-ai-lawyer/
Can someone please identify the attorney sitting to the right of Bonita Jones Peabody as we are looking at the video.
And , yikes, I was not impressed in any way with Jones Peabody in watching that video. I understand it’s only one short snippet in time but that was a hot mess.
we second this
Rumpole … I know that you are going to leave the Blog - but I was wondering if you were going to also leave the practice of law?
Questions for Rumpole as to next chapter of life:
1. Will you travel more. And if so to where on your bucket list.
2. Will you pick up and start another career? And if so will it be as a Wealth Advisor to ultra high net worth families or writing a stock advisory blog?
3. Will you write books, movies or tv?
4. Will you run for political office or be appointed as a Judge?
5. Will you be a Fox, CNN or MSNow Legal Contributor to tell the real story of how court cases really happen?
6. Will you buy a boat or a home in the Keys and just fish and relax?
Thank you for your anticipated sharing of what your next chapter will be and your thoughts on staying relevant as you age gracefully.
Vote for Destiny Alvarez number 125 on your ballot!
In two years Judge Destiny Alvarez will be our Chief Judge! This will end the awful historical mess of Soto, Nushin, and Fajardo who has appointed deputy hacks. As a reminder these are the same judges who keep taking selfies with disgraced former judge and pregnant woman abuser Martin Zilber.
Keep that in mind. A man who skipped work, abused his staff, and abused a pregnant woman has been made a start by Soto, Nushin, and Fajardo, Cuesta, and Beovides. Do not forget these names. Talk about “justice for me and not for thee" for sure. It was MLK who said “Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere.”
You are not a careful reader. I recently said my sabbatical was giving me a new enthusiasm for continuing to blog. Plus no one stepped forward.
2 yes. I won’t say. I don’t want people following me. But it’s no secret Newark NJ has always been tops on my bucket list. 3. I’ve already “picked up”; yes and no. I’m not taking the series 7 or cert financial advisor tests I can give advice on my blog like Jim Cramer. 3 yes no no. 4. No and a big NO!
5. I rarely watch tv and even more rarely that swill. 6. No. Fish have a right not to die for my silly enjoyment. Keys are too hot these days. Again think north like Newark. It’s paradise in the fall.
Also let me say Robert Duvall had it right in retirement. He mastered the unmasterable- the Tango. The dance of mystery.
Why didn’t Peabody-Jones & the other lady defense attorney stand while make their case to the court? It seems a little insulting to the Judge for the defense attorneys presenting their arguments not to stand as the ASAs did when addressing the court
There is some great entertainment on the teevee now. Slow horses with Gary oldman. Of course adapted from good books. I’m reading higashino on your recommendation. That’s saying a bit as I’m usually pretty strictly nonfiction, so thanks for that and many other things. I’m interested in your thoughts on the transition away from trial work as I am also a lawyer of a certain age.
Ethical lawyering is back! Gone is “winning at all cost” No more!
6:18. I love Slow Horses. Gary Oldman's character reminds me of Alex Michaels.
Alex was a great guy. Unfortunately, he dealt with much adversity from the “win at all cost” tag team. He was setup and should be vindicated.
Post a Comment