JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL RICHARD E GERSTEIN JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG. THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO JUSTICE BUILDING RUMOR, HUMOR, AND A DISCUSSION ABOUT AND BETWEEN THE JUDGES, LAWYERS AND THE DEDICATED SUPPORT STAFF, CLERKS, COURT REPORTERS, AND CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS WHO LABOR IN THE WORLD OF MIAMI'S CRIMINAL JUSTICE. POST YOUR COMMENTS, OR SEND RUMPOLE A PRIVATE EMAIL AT HOWARDROARK21@GMAIL.COM. Winner of the prestigious Cushing Left Anterior Descending Artery Award.

Thursday, December 22, 2022

DID HE SAY THAT?

 It's time to play DID HE SAY THAT?  with your host Rumpole.  The subject today is senator to be Herschel Walker. 

Did he say that.... yes or no?

On the subject of Abortion:

1)  "I believe in life. And I said, you know, if anyone wants to have an exception, I said 'not in my book. I said I'm sorry I feel bad for anyone that's a victim of any crime. I do. T feel like that. That is terrible and that's horrible but we deal with that as it comes."

2) "I believe, like you know, if people have children, which god said was our purpose, then in not having children, we are going against god and you know, that is like what they do in China."

3) "I'm done with this foolishness. I've already told people this is a lie. I also want to let you know I didn't kill JFK either."

On his ideas once he becomes senator:

4)  "I have ideas. Good ideas. And you know, I'm just regular country folk and our ideas are the best ideas."

5) Why are they not talking about things that really matter? Because they don't have a solution for these things. And I say I do have a solution, but I'm not going to tell them because you tell them and they'll think they came up with it."

 On living in Texas and why he decided to run for senate:

6) "I live in Texas. I went down to the border on and off sometimes."

7) "Everyone asks me why did I decide to run for a senate seat? Because to be honest with you, this is never something I ever ever ever ever thought in my life I'd ever do. And that's the honest truth. As I was sitting in my home in Texas, as I was sitting in my hone in Texas, and I was seeing what was going on in this country and how they were trying to divide people."

8) "I'm from Georgia but I live in Texas with good common sense and when I see what they are doing and saying, like I said this cannot be right and someone with common sense should do something."

On Air Pollution 

9) "No matter how much money we put into controlling our air, it goes over to China or to somewhere else, and it messes up. All of a sudden it comes back over here."

10) "Since we don't control the air, our good air decided to float over to China's bad air, so when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then now we got to clean that back up." 

On School Shootings

11) "A department that can look at young men that's looking at women that's looking at social media."

12)"What I like to do is see it and everything and stuff."

On Health Care

13) "I believe in reducing insulin, but at the same time, you got to eat right, because he (Senator Warnock) may not know and I know many people that's on insulin, and unless you have a eating right, insulin is doing you no good."

14) "Well right now, people have coverage for health care. it's according to what type of coverage do you want because if you have an able-bodied job, you're going to have health care, But everyone else have health care, it's the type of health care you're going to get. And I think that's the problem. And what Senator Warnock wants you to do is depend on the government. And what I want you to do is get off the government health care and get on the health care he's got."

15) "Health care is like what kinda doctor you got and whether he knows what he's doing. All these big doctors in hospitals ought to go to give health care to the people and then they won't have to go to the hospital and then when they got health care they won't need the health care."


Former US Senators. Stephen Douglas. Lyndon Johnson. John McCain. Bill Bradley. Daniel Webster. Everett Dirksen.  Bob Dole. Arthur Vandenberg.  Robert Wagner.  Hubert Humphrey.  Henry Cabot Lodge.  Mark Hatfield. Robert Taft. Howard Baker. Ted Kennedy. 

Herschel Walker is a race to the bottom. 


Scroll down for the answer key:




Answer key: 

He said it:  1,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12, 13,14


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you say "senator to be" it leaves the reader wondering whether you think that Walker won...he didn't.

Anonymous said...

Also, when you say "On his ideas once he becomes senator:", it leaves the reader thinking that you believe that Walker will become a senator. Again, Walker lost the election. He will not become Senator and there is not another Georgia Senate race for 4 years. This post seems either a couple of weeks/months late for the election or like you missed some pretty big news.

Anonymous said...

Not senator to be. He lost. But the republicans did almost pull it off!

CAPTAIN JUSTICE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CAPTAIN JUSTICE said...


THE CAPTAIN REPORTS:

Sad News yesterday with the passing of Pittsburgh Steelers great Franco Harris. I know that PR is probably still in mourning. Our condolences Phil.

A few factoids I heard over the past day:

1. The Steelers joined the NFL in 1933 and had played on only one playoff game in 40 years before the infamous Immaculate Reception Playoff game versus the Raiders in December of 1972. (Tomorrow, 12/23 is the 50th Anniversary of that game/play)

2. They lost that one playoff game 21-0, so when Franco Harris scored that TD off the tipped pass, that was the first TD in Steelers playoff history. (At the time of the play, the score was Raiders 7 - Steelers 6).

3. Most Steelers fans conveniently forget that, while the Immaculate Reception meant they got to play In the AFC Championship game in 1972, the Steelers lost that game to the eventual 17-0 Super Bowl Champion, MIAMI DOLPHINS, 21-17, ON 12/31/72, New Years Eve.

4. But this is probably my favorite factoid of all. Most loyal readers are too young to remember that, back in the day, NFL games were BLACKED OUT in the local city where the game was being played. The idea was that, if the NFL permitted the broadcast locally, fans wouldn't buy the tickets and would instead stay home and watch the game on their TV sets.

So, while Franco Harris may be part of the greatest single play in NFL history, nobody in Pittsburgh that wasn't in the stadium that day ever saw the play live, as it was happening. They instead had to rely on the radio broadcast.

On a separate note, how satisfying is it to know that Bill Belichek and his Patriots have now unceremoniously been on the receiving end of two of the greatest last plays in NFL history. First, the Miami Miracle on December 9, 2018 and last week (December 18) with the Sin City Miracle when the LV Raiders beat the Patriots on one of the craziest endings you will ever see.

CAPTAIN WISHES EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY & HEALTHY HOLIDAY SEASON & A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

CAP OUT .......
Captain4Justice@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Senator to be Walker???

Anonymous said...

You just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention.

Anonymous said...

Eagerly awaiting your post on things Fetterman said. You know, the actual US Senator

Anonymous said...

Was this supposed to be posted on Oct 22?

Anonymous said...

Dob't ever expect any critical comment about a Democrat from this guy.