The start of Hurricane season.
Where were you August 24, 1992?
It's never too early to prepare, and in that regard we present to our own Rumpole's Hurricane Preparedness List ( (c) Rumpole 2012, all rights reserved.)
A hurricane does not have to be a dreary experience. Indeed, hurricanes can be FUN!
You need to have a list of things to do to be prepared for a hurricane. But fear not, we have done that for you. So when a hurricane approaches, just follow these few easy steps:
1) Check the blog for this list.
2) Have 2 gallons of water per person/per day in a plastic jug.
3) Have three cans of tuna fish per person/per day and one working flashlight.
4) Have a can opener.
5) Keep your cell phone charged.
6) Have a bottle of rum, tequila, bourbon or scotch handy.
7) Tune to channel 7. When you see videos looped continuously of lines of elderly abuela's hitting each other for a piece of plywood at the Home Depot on SW 8th street, immediately do the following:
a) Open the liquor of your choice and take a drink.
b) Use your cell phone and call the airlines and book a flight to NYC, Chicago, Montreal, or (our favourite) London. Then book a room at the Four Seasons.
c) Bring the water, flashlight. and cans of tuna to your neighbor and wish them well.
d) Go to the airport. Fly away. Check into the Four Seasons. Order room service.
e) Laugh at the poor schlubs stuck in Miami in the middle of August with no AC.
f) Have another drink and schedule a massage.
You see, following our easy steps, surviving a hurricane is simple, easy and fun.
See You In Court.