(A few quick posts in a row, so make sure to scroll down and check the post from Thursday night on the BBC's expose' on the Miami Jail.)
So this is how it all ends. Not with a bang, but a webpage by some nut named Harold Camping.
No. Nothing as earth shaking as that. Merely just the end of the world. A/K/A The Rapture.
"Rapture 2011", "end of the world" etc., are currently the top Google searches as radio shows, billboards and other advertisements promote the belief that Saturday ends it all.
Query: What would Jesus Tweet? Would you friend him on facebook? Can you get into his Linkdin?
What does this mean for you?
1) All you fools predicting the Heat winning the NBA championship? HA! Shows we know more than you. With the world ending, they have no chance. (PS- sorry for those of you who pre-paid for a full championship run of tickets. Refunds could be a hassle.)
2) At least you got to see the final of The Office on Thursday night.
3) No NFL for sure.
4) Those of you dieting? Sorry. Ditto gym rats and those of you with fat IRAs and no balances on your credit cards.
5) Vic Tobin could have waited to make his announcement and gone out on top.
6) You finally got a reservation at Raos for Sunday? Woops.
7) Don't spend money on a full tank of gas today.
8) You graduated from law school and think the job market is bad now? Just wait as all those souls come back. Talk about rush hour congestion.
9) Arnold may have had the right idea about infidelity. Ditto for those foreclosure firms that advised you not to pay your mortgage.
10) And finally, how bad will it be with everything ending and you don't get to know just who Rumpole is?
Stay tuned. If things get rocky Saturday morning, we will give up the ghost so to speak before the internet goes down.
Until then.... REPENT. THE END IS COMING!