WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL RICHARD E GERSTEIN JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG. THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO JUSTICE BUILDING RUMOR, HUMOR, AND A DISCUSSION ABOUT AND BETWEEN THE JUDGES, LAWYERS AND THE DEDICATED SUPPORT STAFF, CLERKS, COURT REPORTERS, AND CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS WHO LABOR IN THE WORLD OF MIAMI'S CRIMINAL JUSTICE. POST YOUR COMMENTS, OR SEND RUMPOLE A PRIVATE EMAIL AT HOWARDROARK21@GMAIL.COM

Thursday, March 24, 2011

RUMPOLE TO SPEAK IN PUBLIC!!!

UPDATE: The conference has begun. We will begin our address around 11:15 am. DOM needs a shave and a shoe shine.


FRIDAY IN COURTROOM 4-2 OF THE MIAMI DADE COURTHOUSE, RUMPOLE WILL SPEAK AT THE FOLLOWING SYMPOSIUM.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS!

The Eleventh Judicial Circuit Centennial Committee, Joseph H. Serota, Chair, is pleased to present "Ripped from the Headlines: The Vital, Tempestuous and Changing Relationship between the Court and Media."

Symposium Chairs Robert Kuntz and Timothy M. Ravich will present a 3-part, half-day symposium showcasing important trials throughout the history of the Miami-Dade County judiciary and focusing on what the future holds as court cases are actively covered by new and emerging media sources.

  • Part I – A multi-media historical presentation by the 11th Judicial Circuit’s Court Historian Judge Scott J. Silverman. This presentation will focus on the Court’s early relationship with the press, with an emphasis on Giuseppe Zangara’s attempted assassination of President-Elect Franklin D. Roosevelt at Miami’s Bayfront Park in February 1930.

  • Part II - A panel discussion of the William Lozano shooting of Clement Lloyd, Lozano’s trial and re-trial, and the evolving relationship between the media and the Court.

  • Part III – A panel discussion of the role that “new media” plays in the courtroom. The discussion will include blogging, Twitter, email, cameras in the courtroom, and feeding the 24-hour news cycle.

Featured speakers include John Hogan, Mark Seiden, Roy Black, Joseph H. Serota, Bob Levenson, Kendall Coffey, David Markus, Brian Tannenbaum -- and special "appearances" by the writers of the legal “blawgs” The Justice Building Blog and South Florida Lawyer.


We have been assured we will have immunity. We cannot be served at this hearing for any lawsuit or bar complaint. Furthermore, we have been assured of a significant police presence that will protect us from those who wear robes and bear grudges. There will also be a selection of top shelf liquor- gratis for speakers and participants.

Having thus had our concerns sufficiently addressed, we agreed to speak at this soiree.

Our words will simultaneously be Twittered to a rapturous world wide audience.

DOM better bring his A-Game. We're not some star struck AUSA just happy to be gracing the same courtroom with the "King of Cross".

See You In Courtroom 4-2 tomorrow.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If a signficant number of Judges 'retire" after the legislature reduces thier pay by the proposed 8% and requires a 5% contribytuin to pension, for a total of 13% pay cut, who do you think will apply to the governor, not the jnc, as they are being abolisied too, if this legilature has any control. It certainly won't be the likes of Rudy Serando, Jonh Thornton or Ricky SMith. Remember 'you get what you pay for."

Anonymous said...

Is Rumpole Brian Tannebaum? Mounting evidence suggests it is so.

Rumpole said...

and to cleverly throw you off, one of us will appear at the symposium while the "other" person hides behind a black curtain.

Yeah.

Anonymous said...

Brian TAnnenbaum David markus or mark Iglarsh.

CAPTAIN said...

from the NY Times:

WASHINGTON — The Federal Bureau of Investigation has instructed agents to interrogate suspected “operational terrorists” about immediate threats to public safety without advising them of their Miranda rights to remain silent and to have an attorney present.

A three-page F.B.I. memorandum, dated Oct. 21, 2010, also encouraged agents to use a broad interpretation of public safety-related questions. It said that the “magnitude and complexity” of the terrorist threat justified “a significantly more extensive public safety interrogation without Miranda warnings than would be permissible in an ordinary criminal case.”

To read the entire article, go here

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us/25miranda.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha24

Anonymous said...

@10:39, no question DOM over those two yo-yos.

Anonymous said...

2:18, I think he was asking who is Rumpole.