SEE THE UPDATE BELOW. AND THERE'S MORE AT THE BOTTOM!
FILE THIS UNDER TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
Our intrepid reporter, late of the Herald, Oh Susannah Nesmith, is at it again, this time with a DBR expose on the emails of the Judges of the Justice Building. The title links to the emails.
Apple Pie at 10 paces to solve a fight? See the email from Judge Rob Pinero.
Law suits over seniority ? See Judge Cueto's email.
But here's the best email- and we reprint it for you in whole:
FROM: Diaz, Reemberto
Sent: Friday October 16, 2009
TO: Faber, Robin, Cueto, ALL JUDGES
Mr. Faber: In the past few weeks I have received three (3) Unsolicited emails from you. Let me respond in the order they were received:
1. NO. I don't know an interior decorator to recommend to you;
2. NO. I don't want to buy comedy tickets from you.
3. NO. I'm not interested in your misguided opinion about the Chief Judge's decision. This is not Craig's list nor a blog. Have a good day.
TO: Reemberto Diaz; Robin Faber; All Judges
In RE: Unsolicited emails.
1. I WANT to buy comedy tickets in the form of being able to read the emails you guys send back and forth to each other while on the bench whilst I'm in front of you trying to get you to grant (unsuccessfully, especially you Judge Diaz) a motion to suppress.
2. Just What does Judge Faber think is wrong with Judge Brown. Pleaseeeeeeee?
3. When Judge Diaz sniffed that the email system was "not a blog" was he thinking about any blog in particular perhaps?
4. We thought EVERYBODY went to Reemberto Diaz for recommendations on an interior designer? Isn't he known as the Martha Stewart of Criminal Court?
UPDATE: Just when we thought our readers couldn't be any funnier, comes this quickie website thrown together by some anonymous reader. Lets decorate together!
Boy this stuff is priceless. You just can't make this up.
More highlights: Judge Butchko as a conciliator. Basically writing to her colleagues (under the greeting "Dear Friends") "Why can't we all just get along?"
Judge Cueto- one wonders if his response to the seniority system stems from his mistreatment by the other judges....AND are the other Judges, including the chief judge mistreating him because of his abilities (or lack thereof) he propensity to run off at the mouth and say stupid things, AND is the chief judge giving him crappy assignments and USING the seniority system as an excuse?
Memo to Judge Brown: You can't hide this guy forever. Send him to probate.
INFORMAL POLL: Click on the title to the post and read the emails and then vote for your favourite Judge's email. The winner will receive a certificate from Rumpole suitable for framing. Our vote: The irrepressible Mr. Nice Guy- Reemberto Diaz and his gentle missive to Judge Faber.
I JUST COULDN'T RESIST THIS: