Pick the fake conversation snippet we have had with a judge at one of these shindigs over the years:
1) "...and the governor called and said if I put my name in he would chose me for the Third DCA, but I really like trying cases..."
2) "...and it's a lot of money and I can write my own ticket at Greenberg but the kids are out of college and I'd prefer to not take on a full case load and all the stress of private practice..."
3) "...and I told the prosecutor to call Kathy Rundle and have her report to my court immediately but instead they nolle prossed the case..."
4) "... and not only did the jury find my client not guilty, but they wrote a note to the judge that I was the best lawyer they had ever seen. And that was only in my second year of practice. Then when I tried my first federal case..."
5) "...and I tried thirty cases in my first two years at the SAO, and won twenty-nine of them, and then tried another forty in the next three years and won them all..."
6) "...so then after issuing the order I got a very nice handwritten note from a justice on the Florida Supreme Court saying it was the best order he had ever seen and that I should definitely put my name in to be an appellate judge..."
7) "...but I wouldn't hear of it, so I paid for dinner..."
See you in court, but not at Lolita whatever, because we really don't associate with hoi-polloi if we can help it.
#7 is the fake one.