Dear Rumpole, continue upholding the golden thread that runs throughthe law and exposing what Rumpole (my hero) describes as "judgeitis",a mysterious virus causing a fatal degree of intolerance, pomposity,interruption of cross examination, and extreme verbal abuse towardscounsel
The one who poses questions, the one who knows the answers, the enemy of batman, and a poster on our blog, the one and only Riddler, asks these relevant questions:
Wow. Rumpole, you touched a nerve with this indictment. I have never seen the blog this active. It appears this forum is getting bigger and bigger. But there are still some questions that need to be addressed:
1. Is it true that Special Agent David Miller shot a rapper in the ass outside of a 7-11 with his ankle piece? [Rumpole responds: No that was a Sopranos plot line that you have stolen]
2. If so, is the case being heard in Judge Thomas's courtroom?
[We have been reading the comments on Judge T and believe there are two sides to the story. Many lawyers are writing in that he is doing a good job. So in reference to the indictment, he is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Much like the Muldowny hearings, all the county court judges will convene at the FACDL Dinner and hear the case next week.]
3. Is Warren Scwartz representing Miller?
If yes, than what will happen when Uncle Warren asks for a continuance at the first sounding in that bowtie and Steve McQueen sunglasses he wears?
[Warren has style…that’s Style with a capital S. Plus he can try a case.]
4. Will Thomas raise Miller's bond, put him in the box and require a bondsman to come in to say he/she will take him out on the original bond?
[ We think Judge Miller is not a risk of flight. Danger to the community? Probably. But not a risk of flight. The bond will not be raised.]
5. Will KFR select H. Walker to handle the case?
[No. ASA Grieco will make a star appearance as a Guest Prosecutor. The trial will be shown on MTV’s new show: Rockin the REGJB.]
6. Is H. Walker really "Cab" Calloway? Orange whip anyone?
[No and No]
7. Will Special Agent Prosecutor Captain Avenger Miller still be able to teach the weapons course at the advocate program?
[Yes. Guns don’t kill people. Judges who hand out the death penalty for any ol reason kill people.]
8. Is Greico really going to be Judge Miller's intern/law clerk/weapons consultant/SWAT guy this summer?
[No. See above.]
9. If the case goes to trial, will Thomas work to 1:00 a.m. even if Warren Schwartz leaves at 4:30? Will H. Walker's kerchief in his front jacket pocket wilt after 5:00 p.m.?
[Some questions cannot be answered without resort to theoretical physics. According to the superposition theory of quantum mechanics, as stated by the famous illustration of Schrodinger's cat, it is theoretically possible for Warren Schwartz to be in court and out of court at the exact same moment. For the same reason, if you take Mr. Walker’s kerchief and place it in a sealed vault, and place a very small amount of a radioactive substance, when that substance decays the kerchief will wilt. Because the vault is sealed, we cannot know if or when this has occurred, thus the kerchief under the theory of superposition is and is not wilted. ]
Please Rumpole. Please give me some guidance here. The public demands answers and you can deliver them. [Done. No Charge. Pro Bono Publico.].
AND HERE ARE TEN QUESTIONS FOR OUR FAVORITE ELECTED DADE OFFICIAL, SENT IN BY A CURIOUS READER:
I've been trying to interview your so-called "Public" Defender for quite some time with negative results. So I thought maybe the BLOG could help. Here are my top ten questions for Bennett Brummer -
1) Is Howard Lubel now the TerriChavez of the PD's Office? And ifso does he still make 120k to basically do social work or didyou finally cut his salary.
2) Is Pat Nally now in division?And if so does he still make 120k to handle the same "A" caseload that is normally handled for less then 50k.
3) When are you going to retire and let someone else be PD? Or areyou going to be PD for life?
4) What is your latest accomplishment with the Florida legislature? Since that was your main campaign theme in the last election, I was curious whether you have actually had any recent success.
5) Is it true that you do not want young PD's to stay for longer than3 to 5 years? And if so is that so you all at the top do not have to worry about anyone threatening your100k per year government job?
6) Are you grooming anyone in particular to be the next PD?(Carlos Martinez, Lourdes Simon, etc.)
7) Who do you see running the PD'soffice in ten years?
8) How many bagels does Rory eat a week? What about danishes?
9) Do you not understand how morale at the office is hurt by the non-working old timers (Kramer, Warren, Marie O, Rory, Williams, etc.) getting a free pass while still making over 100k?
10) Why are trials at the officedown the past three years in succession? Is it because you either fired or forced out most ofthe young gun trial dogs?
Please Mr. Brummer answer the questions. Even though the sign outside your office says "Law Offices of Bennett H. Brummer",remember it really is The "Law Offices of the Public Defender".
And this member of the public wants some answers.
Gotta love question 8. See You In Court. Going to get an appointment before Judge Thomas and see for ourselves what the fuss is about.