We received this comment and it is dead on and very funny:
Pro bono civil lawyer doing misdemeanor case list of things to do:
1. Send threatening demand letter to prosecutor about "ending up in court" and asking for fees upon conclusion of case.
2. Set depositions without filing a motion.
3. Go to court and walk into judge's chambers for hearing. Look for sign in sheet.
4. Follow up threatening letter with interrogatories.
5. Advise prosecutor that the depo of your client will be in your office.